Full-time Role – Based in our Walsall & Birmingham Office
Exciting opportunity in a developing young enthusiastic and expanding criminal defence firm in the Midlands. Crown Defence Solicitors are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and confident paralegal to join their Confiscation and Restraints department, along with their Criminal department. Although experience in crime and confiscation is preferred, we will of course consider experienced paralegals from other backgrounds if they can demonstrate that they hold the requisite skills for this position and have a genuine interest in developing in this niche area.
We are looking for someone who has a commitment to quality client care and who can maintain a high standard of work and concentration when perusing large volumes of complex evidence. Organisational skills are key. The candidate needs to be an excellent communicator as there will be direct client contact, as well as contact with Counsel, Experts, the Courts and other third parties. The department works closely together as a team however the candidate will be required to use their own initiative on many matters and therefore should hold excellent problem solving skills.
Due to the nature of the role and the level of clients, any candidate would have to demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism.
Opportunities to undertake Police Station accreditation allowing for additional hours for out of hours police station work to be undertaken upon qualification.
Immediate start available.
- Full time (9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with the expectation of additional hours as required by the business);
- Degree in Law;
- Completed or currently undertaking the LPC;
- Full UK Driving Licence and own car; willingness to travel nationwide as and when required;
- Excellent administrative skills, any experience of audio or live dictation would be desirable;
- Good IT Skills (usage of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Office and Case Management System will be expected);
- Experience in dealing with clients on confidential matters whether legal or otherwise;
- Good basic mathematical or accountancy skills due to the nature of the work;
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills including written and verbal communication, in particular it is essential that the candidate can demonstrate outstanding drafting skills as this is a key part of the role;
- Investigative and analytical skills;
There are significant opportunities for progression and to be part of a dedicated specialist department in a growing firm, which prides itself on the highest level of quality and client care, including training contract opportunities after 12 months continuous service for the right individual.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV, along with covering letter to: Cortney Wollery, CortneyWoolery@crowndefence.com, or by post to Head Office for the attention of Cortney Wollery – Office 11, Suite 10, 2nd Floor, Bridge House 47-55 Bridge Street, Walsall, West Midlands, England