Full-time Role – Based in our Stafford office
£45,000 – £55,000 dependent upon experience – plus departmental bonus
Exciting opportunity in leading POCA defence team. Crown Defence Solicitors are seeking to recruit an experienced Solicitor with a specialism in Confiscation and Asset Restraint work, to help drive the department forward. The role requires a solicitor with at least 8 years PQE to meet the LAA Grade A supervisor criteria. The firm seeks to maintain much of its POCA advocacy in-house to maintain quality, consequently Criminal Higher rights would be of benefit.
The role requires a leader who has experience in managing a team and in establishing an ‘own client’ base, not only should candidates have the requisite skills for this position they should also demonstrate a genuine interest in developing in this niche area.
We are looking for someone who has a commitment to quality client care and who can maintain a high standard of work from a compliance perspective. Due to the nature of the role and the level of clients, any candidate would have to demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism.
Opportunities for those with criminal accreditations to maintain duty solicitor status alongside the role and additional hours for out of hours police station work if desired in this expanding firm.
Immediate start available.
- Full time (9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with the expectation of additional hours as required by the business);
- at least 8 years PQE
- Higher Rights of Audience (Criminal)
- Full UK Driving Licence and own car; willingness to travel nationwide as and when required;
- Excellent administrative skills, commercial mind set with a detailed understanding of POCA billing, experience at Costs appeals would be of benefit.
- Good IT Skills (usage of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Office and Case Management System will be expected);
- Experience in managing a team of fee earners and providing prompt management information;
- Excellent mathematical or accountancy skills due to the nature of the work;
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills including written and verbal communication, in particular it is essential that the candidate can demonstrate outstanding drafting skills and case planning as this is a key part of the role;
- Investigative and analytical skills;
There are significant opportunities for progression and to continue to build within an established department.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV, along with covering letter to: Cortney Woolery, CortneyWoolery@crowndefence.com, or by post to Head Office for the attention of Cortney Woolery