Our dedicated Crime Team has infinite experience of all cases which may come before the magistrates’ or crown courts, within the team there is an appreciation for ancillary matters which can cause added concern for those subject to criminal proceedings. Consequently, we have individuals within the team with expertise in proceed of crime, immigration, employment, prison law, finance and managing the media.
You will deal all forms of criminal matters varying from offences against the person, theft, drugs, fraud, sexual offences and homicide dependent on the indictment.
As an accredited Supervising Duty Solicitor you will be required to attend both Courts and police stations in order to assist your clients.
As a Higher Courts Advocate you will be required to assist with progressive matters that may result before the Crown Court in order to assist your clients.
You will be required to conduct yourself selflessly in order to maintain your client’s interests and must be flexible in your approach but will backed with the support of the practice.
Within the role as Criminal Supervisor you will mentor junior staff, help progress their development and provide valuable training to the team, including fee earners and secretarial support teams.
Within the role as Head of Crime you will take lead for the Birmingham Office at a client and operational level. Ensuring processes are efficient, compliant and commercial. Collating effective management information, reporting to senior management and board of directors and implementing process where required.
What’s needed for me to be considered?
- Be a qualified Solicitor and have at least 5 years + PQE with a strong criminal background
- Police Station accreditation essential
- Higher rights of audience and the ability to bring your own client following
- Clear history of managing your own extensive caseload
- Be very knowledgeable across a wide range of criminal matters
- Possesses excellent client care skills
- Superior drafting and writing skills as well as possessing an excellent ability to communicate
- Be able to conduct themselves authoritatively within challenging and high-pressure environments
- Strong commercial and operational skills, obtained in a senior management position
- Results driven with a proven track record in securing fantastic results for clients
- Sound understanding and ability to collate, interpreted and present management information for the department
- Sensational people skills
- Strong IT skills
Salary Bracket: Up to £45,000 with Bonus (DOE)
This is a role for a candidate ready to take that next step in their career to a senior level and become Head of Crime at a forward thinking firm.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV, along with covering letter to: Dottie Fairbrother at Recruitment@hh-law.co.uk