Chloe is a caseworker within the Criminal department as part of the Magistrates Court team.
She completed her Law degree at the University of Liverpool in 2018 where she was continually recognised for her Pro-Bono and extra-curricular work with the Law Clinic and Citizens Advice Bureau.
From this she has extensive experience in advising clients with varying issues and a level of understanding which enables clients to get the highest standard of care.
Laura is a caseworker within the Confiscation and Restraints department and specialises in the Proceeds of Crime Act.
She deals with a wide spectrum of Proceeds of Crime matters from Pre and Post Order matters all the way through to Enforcement.
She prides herself on her hard working ethics and going the extra mile to ensure the best possible result is achieved for her clients
Full-time Role – Based in our Stafford office
£45,000 – £55,000 dependent upon experience – plus departmental bonus
Exciting opportunity in leading POCA defence team. Crown Defence Solicitors are seeking to recruit an experienced Solicitor with a specialism in Confiscation and Asset Restraint work, to help drive the department forward. The role requires a solicitor with at least 8 years PQE to meet the LAA Grade A supervisor criteria. The firm seeks to maintain much of its POCA advocacy in-house to maintain quality, consequently Criminal Higher rights would be of benefit.
The role requires a leader who has experience in managing a team and in establishing an ‘own client’ base, not only should candidates have the requisite skills for this position they should also demonstrate a genuine interest in developing in this niche area.
We are looking for someone who has a commitment to quality client care and who can maintain a high standard of work from a compliance perspective. Due to the nature of the role and the level of clients, any candidate would have to demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism.
Opportunities for those with criminal accreditations to maintain duty solicitor status alongside the role and additional hours for out of hours police station work if desired in this expanding firm.
Immediate start available.
- Full time (9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with the expectation of additional hours as required by the business);
- at least 8 years PQE
- Higher Rights of Audience (Criminal)
- Full UK Driving Licence and own car; willingness to travel nationwide as and when required;
- Excellent administrative skills, commercial mind set with a detailed understanding of POCA billing, experience at Costs appeals would be of benefit.
- Good IT Skills (usage of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Office and Case Management System will be expected);
- Experience in managing a team of fee earners and providing prompt management information;
- Excellent mathematical or accountancy skills due to the nature of the work;
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills including written and verbal communication, in particular it is essential that the candidate can demonstrate outstanding drafting skills and case planning as this is a key part of the role;
- Investigative and analytical skills;
There are significant opportunities for progression and to continue to build within an established department.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV, along with covering letter to: Cortney Woolery, CortneyWoolery@crowndefence.com, or by post to Head Office for the attention of Cortney Woolery
Our dedicated Crime Team has infinite experience of all cases which may come before the magistrates’ or crown courts, within the team there is an appreciation for ancillary matters which can cause added concern for those subject to criminal proceedings. Consequently, we have individuals within the team with expertise in proceed of crime, immigration, employment, prison law, finance and managing the media.
You will deal all forms of criminal matters varying from offences against the person, theft, drugs, fraud, sexual offences and homicide dependent on the indictment.
As an accredited Supervising Duty Solicitor you will be required to attend both Courts and police stations in order to assist your clients.
As a Higher Courts Advocate you will be required to assist with progressive matters that may result before the Crown Court in order to assist your clients.
You will be required to conduct yourself selflessly in order to maintain your client’s interests and must be flexible in your approach but will backed with the support of the practice.
Within the role as Criminal Supervisor you will mentor junior staff, help progress their development and provide valuable training to the team, including fee earners and secretarial support teams.
Within the role as Head of Crime you will take lead for the Birmingham Office at a client and operational level. Ensuring processes are efficient, compliant and commercial. Collating effective management information, reporting to senior management and board of directors and implementing process where required.
What’s needed for me to be considered?
- Be a qualified Solicitor and have at least 5 years + PQE with a strong criminal background
- Police Station accreditation essential
- Higher rights of audience and the ability to bring your own client following
- Clear history of managing your own extensive caseload
- Be very knowledgeable across a wide range of criminal matters
- Possesses excellent client care skills
- Superior drafting and writing skills as well as possessing an excellent ability to communicate
- Be able to conduct themselves authoritatively within challenging and high-pressure environments
- Strong commercial and operational skills, obtained in a senior management position
- Results driven with a proven track record in securing fantastic results for clients
- Sound understanding and ability to collate, interpreted and present management information for the department
- Sensational people skills
- Strong IT skills
Salary Bracket: Up to £45,000 with Bonus (DOE)
This is a role for a candidate ready to take that next step in their career to a senior level and become Head of Crime at a forward thinking firm.
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV, along with covering letter to: Dottie Fairbrother at Recruitment@hh-law.co.uk
Lauren is an experienced paralegal, specialising mainly in Confiscation and Restraints (Proceeds of Crime Act 2002).
During her time working in this niche area of law, Lauren has dealt with cases at every stage of the Confiscation Regime, from Pre and Post Order through to Enforcement. She has also assisted in Appeal matters.
Lauren graduated in 2011 and in 2019 is going to further her career by throwing herself into some different areas of Criminal Law alongside preparing her portfolio to become police station accredited.
We are looking for a Legal Secretary for the Criminal & POCA Defence Department to join our team, in the midlands, who are looking to develop their privately funded and white collar experience. You will join a vibrant and knowledgeable team whose current duty rotas cover Birmingham and the Black Country.
- Experience is essential in a similar role
- Excellent communication and organisation skills are required
- Client care – ensuring clients receive excellent customer service
- Dealing with incoming/outgoing post/emails
- Audio dictation
- Taking incoming calls
- Professional telephone manner
Salary Bracket: Minimum Wage (DOE)
If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV, along with covering letter to: Cortney Wollery, CortneyWoolery@crowndefence.com, or by post to Head Office for the attention of Cortney Wollery – Office 11, Suite 10, 2nd Floor, Bridge House 47-55 Bridge Street, Walsall, West Midlands, England